Never before have there been so many ways to publish your book.
In some ways, technology has made ‘self-publishing’ much easier (and cheaper) but, as so often happens, the resulting maze of choices can be daunting.
Lovewriting aims to offer potential authors a book clear, authoritative guidance through the publishing and marketing process, providing authors with:
- advice about publishing and self-publishing
- and then, once ready for sale, marketing tools to publicise your book to a wider public (as well as your own friends and contact base)
Promoting your book
At Lovewriting, our aim is to point you towards some of the options available to you. Then, having decided how to publish your book, Lovewriting can help you promote it.
Nearly 200,000 avid readers have subscribed to our ‘sister’ sites, Lovereading and Lovereading4kids, and beyond. Our aim is to encourage these readers to explore the self-published books on Lovewriting. Hopefully, they will find yours and buy it.
But first, you need to get your book published.
Publishing your book
Publishing is an increasingly competitive business. ‘Mainstream’ publishers are more and more ruthless about which books they will accept. So, more and more authors are turning to forms of self-publishing, where the author pays for their book to be printed and retains complete control of the process.
- Download Lovewriting’s Free Guide To Publishing
- Find a specialist self publishing company such as Matador, who offer their own Guide To Self-Publishing
- Find a self-publishing company that may better suit your book (there are companies specialising in specialist genres, such as military history). You may find such a company in the Independent Publishers Guild (IPG)
- Or there are more automated services such as Author House and Lulu which help you through the whole process, retaining complete control throughout.
- Get the inside track on how the publishing industry works by reading The Writers' and Artists' Handbook - updated annuallly
Once you have found the ‘self-publishing route that suits you, and your book is ready for market, you have reached the stage where Lovewriting can help you promote it.
That is the time to find out more about our marketing tools for Published Authors.