Lovewriting Terms & Conditions
Lovewriting T&C’s General Understanding: These terms and conditions of sales (the ‘Conditions’) are deemed to be the operative terms in any contractual transaction (the ‘Contract’) between (1) Lovewriting Ltd (as the ‘Supplier’) and (2) any potential purchaser (the ‘Buyer’) who completes Lovewriting’s order form (the ‘Order’) for Goods offered for sale by Lovewriting on this website (the ‘Web Site’).
1. SALE 1.1 The Buyer shall place an Order for Goods by submitting a completed order form on the Web Site. The Supplier shall confirm acceptance of the Buyer's order in writing via email and will supply the Goods to the Buyer in accordance with the Buyer's Order. 1.2 These Conditions shall govern the Contract to the exclusion of any other terms or conditions. 1.3 Any advice or recommendation given by any representative of the Supplier to the Buyer relating to the Goods, which is not confirmed in writing by the Supplier will not be binding on the Supplier. 1.4 Any variation to the Contract must be agreed in writing between the Buyer and the Supplier.
2. ORDERS AND QUOTES 2.1 In accepting a quote or submitting an Order for the Goods the Buyer acknowledges that: 2.1.1 all information and specifications relating to the Goods and any material produced by the Supplier are approximate only (unless otherwise specified); and 2.1.2 the limitations of monitor capabilities and of printers mean that the colour of the products on the Web Site may vary from the Goods supplied by the Supplier to the Buyer under the Contract. 2.2 To the extent permitted by law, any error in any quote, sales literature or other document or information issued by the Supplier or placed upon the Web Site may be corrected by the Supplier without any liability to the Buyer. 2.3 The Supplier may make any changes in the specification of the Goods to conform to any UK statutory or European Union requirements or, where the Goods are to be supplied to the Supplier's specification, which do not materially affect their quality, performance or fitness for their purpose. 2.4 If the Supplier offers substitute Goods in lieu of those requested by the Buyer, the Supplier will endeavour to ensure that they will be of equivalent price and quality. Further, if the Buyer decides to reject such substitute Goods, then the Supplier will pay the reasonable cost of return postage.
3. RIGHT OF WITHDRAWAL 3.1 The Buyer has the right to withdraw from the Contract within 7 days after the Goods have been delivered by returning the Goods in an undamaged condition and giving written notice of withdrawal to the supplier and the Supplier shall credit the Buyer's credit card for the price of the Goods as set out below in clause 4.2. 3.2 The right to a 7-day "Cooling Off" period will not apply where the Contract is for the supply of audio-recordings Goods if the seal on the audio recording Goods has been broken.3.3 The Buyer shall be responsible for paying the cost of returning the Goods to the Supplier by the same method as they were originally delivered in the event that the Goods had been dispatched by the Supplier prior to receipt of the written notice of withdrawal from the buyer. 3.4 If the Buyer cancels the Contract then they are obliged to restore the goods to the Supplier in a resaleable condition and take reasonable care of such Goods in the meantime. If the Buyer does not return the Goods then the Buyer will have to pay the cost the Supplier incurs in recovering them.
4. PRICE 4.1 The price of the Goods shall be the price quoted on the Web Site on the date of acceptance of the Order by the Supplier, subject to any inadvertent pricing errors (whether technical or otherwise) by the Supplier. If the Supplier discovers a pricing error for any Goods that the Buyer orders, then the Supplier will cancel the Order without penalty and notify the Buyer of the error.4.2 The price of the Goods excludes the cost of delivery for any Goods delivered within the UK. 4.3 The price of the Goods is inclusive of any applicable value added tax, which the Buyer shall be liable to pay to the Supplier as part of the order value. 4.4 In the case of Special Offers etc, the length of time that price will be offered will be stated on the Website.
5. PAYMENT TERMS 5.1 Payments shall be made by credit card on the date on which the Supplier accepts the Buyer's order. 5.2 Credit cards accepted by the Supplier are those listed on the Web Site on the date on which the Buyer's order is placed and accepted by the Supplier.
6. DELIVERY 6.1 The time place and method for delivery shall be as requested in the Buyer's Order, but in any event the Supplier will endeavour that such deliver shall not exceed 30 days, unless the parties agree otherwise.6.2 Time for delivery of the Goods shall not be of the essence, but in any event the Supplier will endeavour that such delivery shall not exceed 30 days. 6.3 If the Buyer does not take delivery of the Goods or give the Supplier adequate delivery instructions then the Supplier may store the Goods until actual delivery and charge the Buyer for the reasonable costs (including insurance) of storage. The Supplier shall not owe the Buyer any duty of care under this Clause 6.3 and shall not be liable to the Buyer for any loss, damage or deterioration of the Goods during storage. 6.4 If the Goods delivered to the Buyer does not include all of the Goods ordered by the Buyer or the incorrect Goods, the Buyer shall inform the Supplier in writing within 14 working days from the date of delivery. If the Buyer does not so inform the Supplier in writing, the Supplier shall not be responsible for any loss or damage suffered by the Buyer as a result of such delivery. In any event, the Supplier's liability to the Buyer in such circumstances shall be limited to the price of the Goods not delivered or the cost of the replacement Goods.
7. RISK AND OWNERSHIP 7.1 Risk of damage or loss of the Goods shall pass to the Buyer on delivery or, if the Buyer fails to take delivery of the Goods, the time when the Supplier has tried to deliver the Goods. 7.2 Title in the Goods shall pass to the Buyer on delivery of the Goods.
8. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY 8.1 All intellectual property and other proprietary rights (including, but not limited to, copyright, design rights and trademarks) and all technical, business or similar information (including but not limited to, all designs, documents and other materials relating to the Goods) created by the Supplier before, during and after the course of the Contract shall be, and shall remain, the property of the Supplier only.
9. WARRANTY AND LIABILITY 9.1 Nothing in this clause 9 shall exclude the Supplier's liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence. 9.2 Subject to the conditions set out below the Supplier warrants that all Goods will correspond with the Order at the time of delivery and will be free from material defects or damage on delivery. 9.3 If the Supplier is in breach of the warranty contained at clause 9.2 above, the Buyer shall advise the Supplier in writing immediately and in any case not later than 14 working days from the date of discovery of a material defect or damage. 9.4 On receiving a notice under clause 9.2 above, the Supplier may, at its sole option:- 9.4.1 repair the Goods; 9.4.2 replace all or any part of the defective or damaged Goods; or 9.4.3 refund the price of those Goods which are defective or damaged. 9.5 The warranty contained in clause 9.2 shall be the extent of the Supplier's liability for defective Goods. 9.6 The Goods are not tested and sold as fit for any particular purpose and any terms of warranty or condition express or implied by statute or otherwise to the contrary are excluded to the extent allowed in law. 9.7 Save as expressly provided in these Conditions, and except where the Goods are sold to a person dealing as a consumer (within the meaning of the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977) all warranties conditions terms and liabilities express or implied by statute or common law are excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law and the Supplier will not be liable to the Buyer for any loss of any kind whatsoever (including for the avoidance of doubt, any consequential loss which arises out of the breach of implied warranties or conditions or breach of any other duty of any kind imposed on the Supplier by operation of law. 9.8 The Supplier will not be liable to the Buyer for any of the following losses which may arise by reason of any breach of the Contract or any implied warranty, condition or other term, any representation or any duty of any kind imposed on the Supplier by operation of law: 9.8.1 any loss of anticipated profits or expected future business; 9.8.2 damage to reputation or goodwill; 9.8.3 any damages costs or expenses payable by the Buyer to any third party; 9.8.4 loss of any order or contract; or 9.8.5 any consequential loss of any kind. 9.9 Unless otherwise provided in these Conditions, and subject to clause 9.5 above, the liability of the Supplier for breach of any express or implied term of these Conditions shall be limited to the reasonable cost of remedying any defect in the Goods or other matter constituting a breach and in no circumstances shall the Supplier's liability exceed the total amount paid by the Buyer to the Supplier under the Contract. 9.10 If, notwithstanding the provisions of this clause 9, liability is attached to the Supplier in no circumstances shall the Supplier's liability to the Buyer for a breach of any express or implied terms of the Contract or any other duty of any kind imposed on the Supplier by law arising out of or in relation to the Contract exceed the total amount of the Buyer’s Order. 9.11 Without prejudice to any other provision of this clause 9, the Supplier will not be in breach of the terms of the Contract for any delay in performing, or failure to perform, its obligations under the Contract if that delay or failure was due to any cause or circumstance beyond the Supplier's reasonable control.
10. INDEMNITY The Buyer shall indemnify the Supplier against any loss or damage suffered by the Supplier as a result of any claims brought against the Supplier by any third party for:- 10.1 any loss, injury or damage caused by the Goods or their use; 10.2 any loss, injury or damage in any way connected with this Contract provided that this Clause will not require the Buyer to indemnify the Supplier against any liability for the Supplier's own negligence.
11. EXPORT TERMS 11.1 The Supplier shall be responsible for complying with any legislation or regulation governing the importation of the Goods into the country of destination and for the payment of any duties outside the UK. 11.2 The Buyer shall where applicable:- 11.2.1 not either directly or indirectly export the Goods or any product incorporating the Goods without first obtaining a licence to export or re-export from the United Kingdom Government and/or the United States Office of Export Administration (the "OEA"); 11.2.2 comply with the export regulations of the United Kingdom Government and/or the OEA.
12. TERMINATION 12.1 The Supplier may terminate this Contract or any other contract between the parties and may cancel or suspend future deliveries (under this Contract or any other contract) if the Buyer: 12.1.1 is in breach of these Conditions or any other contract between the parties; or 12.1.2 has a petition presented for its winding up or for an administration order to be made in respect of it; has an adminstrator, receiver or administrative receiver appointed over it or any of its assets; resolves to wind itself up (other than for a solvent reorganisation); has a bankruptcy order made against it or and of its partners; or enters, or proposes to enter into a composition or voluntary arrangement with its creditors. 12.2 On termination, the Buyer shall pay to the Supplier all costs, expenses (including reasonable legal and other fees incurred), arrears, charges or other payments arising in respect of the Goods under the Contract. 12.3 Termination shall not affect either party's accrued rights under the Contract.
13. WITHDRAWAL AND USE OF GOODS 13.1 The Supplier may withdraw the sale or distribution of any goods produced by or generally supplied by the Supplier without prior notice, or liability, to the Buyer. 13.2 If the Supplier provides the Buyer with information about the use for which the Goods are designed and about any conditions necessary to ensure that the Goods will be safe then the Buyer shall use the Goods accordingly.
14. GENERAL 14.1 Any notice required under these Conditions shall be in writing addressed to the other party at its registered office or principal place of business or any other address notified by the receiving party to the party giving the notice. Any notice shall be deemed to be served: 14.1.1 if sent by pre-paid first class post to the party to whom it is given, on the day it is posted; or 14.1.2 if sent by pre-paid air-mail post to the party to whom it is given, on the day it is posted; or 14.1.3 if sent by fax to the recipient's fax number at the date and time given on the sender's transmission acknowledgement slip or (in the case of manifest error or loss of the slip) on the day on which it is sent. 14.1.4 if left at an address given in which case it is taken to have been given on the day on which it was left. 14.1.5 if sent by e-mail to the private or business e-mail address of the parties in which case it is taken to have been given on the day on which it was sent. 14.2 If any of these Conditions is held by any competent authority to be unlawful, invalid or unenforceable in whole or in part then the validity of the other provisions of these Conditions and the remainder of the provision in question shall not be affected thereby and shall continue to be valid and enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by law. 14.3 The Contract and these Conditions shall be under English law and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts if there are any disputes between them of any kind. 14.4 The Buyer shall not transfer, assign or sub-contract its obligations under the Contract without the Supplier's prior consent in Writing. 14.5 Failure or neglect by the Supplier to enforce at any time any of these Conditions shall not be a waiver of the Supplier's rights and it shall not affect the validity of the whole or any part of these Conditions or prejudice the Supplier's right to take subsequent action. 14.6 Nothing in these terms and conditions is intended to confer on any third party any benefit or any right to enforce any terms contained in these terms and conditions.
How to contact us30. You can contact us in relation to any competition by writing to Lovewriting Ltd, 59 High Street, East Grinstead, Sussex, RH19 3DD or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.